If you’re an inspiring and motivating leader, who enjoys linking cross-disciplinary teams and inspiring them to achieve high priority objectives and operational goals, this could be the right opportunity for you!
We’re looking for a delivery focused, target driven, S&OP Manager with a passion and enthusiasm for managing a critical group within the Supply Chain department, in a dynamic and growing business. You will play a pivotal part in our scale-up by ensuring focus, alignment and synchronisation among various Sales, Operational and Planning functions of the organisation and so help to bring the next generation of surgical-assist robot to market.
If you’re an inspiring and motivating leader, who enjoys linking cross-disciplinary teams and inspiring them to achieve high priority objectives and operational goals, this could be the right opportunity for you! You’ll need to be a forward thinker who will thrive in a fast paced, developing and ever-changing high-tech environment.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing and Supply Chain, you will take a hands-on approach to managing the day to day running of high-performance teams under you looking at optimal control of all Inventory & Production.
You will have the skills to:
• plan and manage the day-to-day running of the S&OP function;
• bring world class, best practise, planning management principles to the team;
• manage the manufacturing output to best satisfy the current planned levels of stock for sales.
• assist in meeting general business objectives of inventory control & profitability
• establish regular reporting Dashboards and KPIs for the department under your control.
Through providing a dedicated interface between CMR’s production and customer operations you’ll be able to make a real impact on running the overall inventory control from the perspective of supply chain.
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UK’s most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. We’re an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then it’s a great time to join us.
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! As we grow roles will also change and evolve, and as a result, we’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the remit of Supply Chain that helps the team deliver its objectives.
Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Anchoring and facilitating the interface between the inventory, production and customer operations teams undertaking planning activities.
- Planning specifically the component & sub-assembly inventory levels needed and the consequent effect / assistance-required from suppliers and the production team.
- Determining team and planning priorities given a fixed set of parts-lead-times & availability of resource for inventory control and delivery.
- Clearly communicating progress against plan to management and managing supply chain and inventory risks and priorities.
- Managing the Demand Planning team looking for effective and synchronised cooperation with the various customer operations (and commercial) functions.
- Working closely with supply chain to ensure the Production Planning & Inventory team are efficient and provide effective delivery of correct / timely parts & sub-assemblies to production.
- Ownership of the ERP (NetSuite) deployment for the Manufacturing & Supply Chain groups.
- Optimising efficiency by championing best practise supply chain management approach.
- Establishing regular and efficient visualisation, management reporting Dashboards and KPI Reports for the team under your management.
- Demonstrating leadership by ensuring decision making and communication are focused on the companies’ vision and values.
You will have experience of operating at a senior level in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably with experience of ISO 13485 certification and FDA GMP. If you don’t have direct experience of a medical device manufacturing environment, you may have worked in an equivalent highly regulated industry such as automotive or aerospace.
We anticipate you will have:
- Excellent communication skills with an extensive background in planning, delivering, and reporting to management the day-to-day detail of an S&OP function with the Supply Chain department.
- Experience of budgeting and monitoring the financial aspects of supply chain management
- A knowledge of NetSuite or similar ERP / MRP S&OP tools
- An innovative approach to problem solving within a progressive modern company.
- A flexible and responsive approach with the ability to differentiate and prioritise between multiple conflicting priorities without losing sight of long term strategic objectives .
- A good degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience combined with a successful track record of working in a high-tech, low volume, high quality environment
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.