We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and TD GC\LC-MS laboratory experience.
Applications Chemist (Medical)
Owlstone Medical’s mission is to save 100,000 lives and save health care providers $1.5B. With several major projects underway to develop disease screening and diagnosis based on detection of metabolic products in breath.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and TD GC\LC-MS laboratory experience. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Areas of responsibility
- To plan and undertake experiments intrinsic to Owlstone medical assay / application / product development projects with a focused-on TD-GC-MS method development.
- Ensure experimental plans adhere to and include QC processes to ensure the collection of valid analytical measurements.
- Maintain accurate up to date Laboratory records.
- Other duties as assigned per qualifications.
- BSc\PhD in analytical chemistry of other related discipline required
- Minimum 3 years GC\LC-MS experience
- Experience with thermal desorption techniques highly desirable
- Experience with advance chromatography data processing techniques, such as retention time alignment and deconvolution highly desirable.
- Experience with regulated GC\LC MS assay development, including transfer, verification, and validation (QC) activities necessary for research preferred
- Experience in ISO, CLIA, GLP and other Regulatory compliance requirements preferred
- Excellent technical scientific writing, communication, and organizational skills
The successful candidate
- Must be hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Will value interpersonal and communication skills very highly; must be a team playerComplex problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.