Owlstone is looking for a Project Coordinator to join its busy PMO.
The successful candidate will work with Project Managers, Clinical Trials Coordinators, Product Owners and Business Development within the Research Products and Services Programme. The role will be to ensure projects and clinical trials run smoothly by managing team activities, project documentation and anticipating and flagging project issues as early as possible to ensure effective communication between internal stakeholders. The role will suit an individual who is a team player, has good people skills, has a keen eye for detail and processes, and is able to proactively liaise with highly technical teams, business development, and clients. The ability to be flexible and adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment is essential.
In this role, you will need the ability to work with projects from start up through to completion, including working with pre-sales to estimate project scope for opportunities in the sales pipeline.
Working across all areas of Research Products and Services and with a wide range of stakeholders, this role is pivotal to the success of Owlstone.
You will be involved in supporting the project and clinical trials teams with the full life cycle of a project/trial, including:
- Start Up – Assist the Project Manager with producing the brief and set up the project structures, e.g. document folders, timesheet codes, finance codes, etc. Ensure budget proposals are recorded and signed-off.
Initiation – Assist with developing requirements documents and producing plans for the project schedule, resources, communication, risk and quality management.
- Execution – Organise, attend and facilitate project meetings alongside the Project Manager, tracking actions and milestones, and ensuring all documentation is kept up to date. Perform regular process maintenance, for example managing export control, budget/resource tracking, IP registers, issue management, etc.
- Monitoring & Control – Provide consistent communications on project progress, resource requirement, finances, and risks.
- Closure – complete the documentation and assist with the lessons learned and post market surveillance processes.
You will assist with routine organisational processes such as forecasting, setting quarterly project objectives and key results and you will work closely with the Quality Management team to ensure quality systems are adhered to throughout the life cycle of the project. You will also be responsible for some continuous improvement activities and for internal stakeholder communication.
- Project Management – you will have previous experience in a similar role and will have a knowledge of project management practices. You will be highly organised with a demonstrated ability to support multiple teams with minimal guidance.
- Team Building – you will be a team player with a “can do” attitude and the ability to work well with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Communication and Negotiation – you will have the ability to communicate effectively internally at different levels and will be comfortable presenting your work to the project teams.
- Collaboration and Self Awareness – you will be aware of your strengths and weaknesses and you will actively seek to improve your skills and abilities through personal development
- Information Technology – you will be comfortable using a range of IT systems at an intermediate level to support projects, e.g. MS Office (including Project and Teams), Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, Document Management Systems, etc.
- Project Management training at some level
Experience of working within an Agile / Scrum framework
- Experience of working within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list.