Owlstone Medical’s vision is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs by realizing the enormous promise of breath-based diagnostics through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®.
Scientific Content Creator
The Breath Biopsy platform includes the ReCIVA® Breath Sampler and the world’s only commercial Breath Biopsy Laboratory. We are seeking a Scientific Content Creator to help raise awareness of Breath Biopsy and demonstrate its value to the scientific community.
The Scientific Content Creator will have a key role in producing audience-led content (written & multimedia) aimed at engaging scientists from a range of biomedical fields. Content will be thoroughly researched and will draw upon the post-holders scientific background, it will appeal to researchers in both academia and industry with the goal of demonstrating how our Breath Biopsy platform addresses research challenges and meets scientific needs.
This role reports to the Head of Content within the Sales & Marketing department, supporting the marketing strategy through the production of a range of creative scientific content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, create, edit and evaluate informative and engaging scientific content for e.g. website, emails, social media, videos, posters, publications, presentations, webinars and other marketing collateral
- Identify opportunities to generate content for third party channels and develop quality content in-keeping with relevant styles and specifications
In collaboration with the CRM Marketing Specialist, adapt, devise and execute marketing automation (Marketo) campaigns including e-mail and digital channels, and customized landing pages
- Monitor social media platforms for engagement and content marketing opportunities
- Create, monitor and evaluate digital ads targeting a range of audiences (Facebook, Google Adwords, LinkedIn, Twitter and other third party platforms)
- Update website with new content (blog posts, news, etc.)
- SEO of content to maximize online reach and engagement
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- The ability to write high quality, accurate and engaging prose on scientific subjects and based on scientific data
- An understanding of key considerations and priorities for effective communication
- An innovative and creative mindset with good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well with other members of the Sales & Marketing team towards shared goals
- Well organized, self-motivated, able to work flexibly and prioritize multiple tasks in a rapidly evolving cross-functional environment
Any of the following would be advantageous
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience of writing and editing blogs or other online articles
- Experience in a scientific content creation role
- Experience developing digital content
- Experience of social media management
- Experience creating multimedia content (videos, podcasts etc.)
- Experience of programs within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of website management, html or CSS
- Knowledge of effective SEO
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath - some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% - unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
Owlstone is an equal opportunity employer and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law including but not exhaustive to; grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list.