Are you passionate about improving software quality? Do you love problem-solving and working collaboratively with diverse teams? We're looking for someone who wants just that.
We need a Test Engineer to join us at Samsung Cambridge helping us to test our latest WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity chips making sure they meet the highest standards. We test at a system level, normally using Android platforms to exercise the firmware, drivers and host code written by our forward-thinking team of developers.
You will cover a wide range of tasks including testing, test automation, debugging of software and customer support so you will need to be an engineer with good scripting ability (e.g. using perl, python or java) and be experienced in software development and testing. You'll need experience of producing detailed bug reports and be able to communicate effectively across a variety of different people at all levels.
- Testing of software within agreed timescales so we're always striving to reach project targets
- Developing, testing and maintaining software test scripts
- Maintaining and supporting software test equipment and systems
- Building and maintaining supporting documentation
- Executing tests and providing timely analysis and feedback on test results
- Performing triaging and raising defect reports
- Providing logs and other relevant data to support debugging
- Working with customers to understand, reproduce and debug issues seen in field testing
Skills and experience you need:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths, science, software or electronics
- Confirmed ability with at least one scripting/programming language
- Deep understanding of software test methods and software debugging
- A phenomenal teammate who works closely and supports the wider team
- A superb communicator with both customers and colleagues
- Good analytical skills with a focus on problem-solving and solution finding
- Able to travel as from time to time you may need to visit customers or colleagues in the UK or abroad
It would help if you had:
- Experience of software development, use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jenkins and JIRA
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Android or Linux expertise
- Experience and competent use of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc
- Experience in working in a customer support
Why work with us?
We are Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre (SCSC) we form part of the Connectivity Business area of Samsung Electronics. Our fun and friendly team consists of 150 people in our head office in Cambridge on the Innovation Park and also a team of 50 in Aalborg, Denmark. We develop the core silicon and software technology for Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi technology. The culture we have built is very much work hard play hard and we strive to deliver results but also ensure that working with us is fun and engaging.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Without our dedicated, hardworking team, we wouldn't have reached the success we have today. You will receive a competitive salary and an excellent compensation package including:
- 25 days holiday, plus the option to buy and sell
- Private medical insurance
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- Travel insurance
- Discounted Samsung products in the Staff Shop
- Team and social events
- Free breakfast and lunch in our canteen
- On site facilities including, a gym, table tennis, games room and more
- Flexible benefits including, breakdown cover, Gymflex, cycle to work, dental insurance and much more for you to choose from
We are an equal opportunities employer and we know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We positively encourage applications from all qualified and eligible people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. If you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, please let us know during your application and we will make every effort to accommodate this.