A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced technical lead in Continuous Intergration Systems (CI).
DevOps Continuous Integration Manager
You will be leading a new team and will manage a small team as well as being hands-on with the technical work.
We are a research and development subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. We focus on the development of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets. Our first-rate connectivity IP can be found in a wide range of devices, predominantly mobile phones.
Working with us you will have the best of both worlds; a start-up, fun and social culture nestled into a global company.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be a valued-voice in a world-leading team
- Receive a competitive salary and benefits package
- Enjoy Private Medical, Travel and Life Insurance
- Choose your own flexible benefits such as Denplan or Gym Memberships
- Have 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell days
- Have access to outstanding discounts on Samsung products
- Enjoy our free onsite facilities including a canteen and gym
Leading our new CI team it would be ideal if you had a background in CI and Automation as well as solid experience in scripting. It would be helpful if you had managed a team before however, leading experience without being a line manager would be useful as well.
You will have ownership of the CI system. This is a key system across our business and enables teams worldwide to contribute to our code bases. It pulls together code from the whole of the stack, including Firmware, Host, and tool layers.
With such an important piece of infrastructure, you will be communicating with the business on the current status and next stages of the CI system. You’ll be communicating this through individual communications as well as company presentations. It’s important that you’ll be able to take constructive feedback on board to better improve the CI system for the requirements of our team and business.
One of your main responsibilities will be managing your team. This will cover all aspects of people management such as recruitment, appraisals and goal-setting.
Your main responsibilities:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring your colleagues to nurture an efficient and motivated team
- Encouraging a culture of mentoring and getting the best out of other engineers
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the CI system and development of processes
- Control and contribute to requirements capture
- Ownership of the CI system and managing delegation of work amongst your team members
- Own and develop CI software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales
- Own maintenance of software including defect investigation
- Conducting peer software reviews
- Create relevant documentation following the department’s processes
- Developing tests and scripts to exercise solutions being implemented
- Maintaining and enhancing systems as required
Skills and experience you’ll need:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in a relevant subject
- Proven understanding, knowledge and experience of CI systems
- Experience of script development
- Good understanding of design techniques and configuration management
- An outstanding team mate and leader
- Excellent communication skills including presentation skills
- Problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues
- Able to provide great leadership, giving clear guidance and direction by:
- Demonstrating accountability
- Inspiring others to achieve goals through enthusiasm and commitment
- Setting clear achievable goals and managing performance against these goals
- Understanding your team and being able to achieve results aiming for beyond targets
- People management capability such as:
- Developing skills in others through support, feedback, training and development
- Reviewing your teams performance through appraisals
- Agreeing personal development plans for team members,
- Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their goals and objectives
Skills and experience that would be useful:
- Experience of managing a team but this is a perfect opportunity for first-time managers
- Experience with Jenkins, including development of Pipelines
- Experience of Docker
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as python
If you think you may be a good fit then please apply online. We are an equal opportunities employer and we know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We positively encourage applications from all qualified and eligible people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. If you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, please let us know during your application and we will make every effort to accommodate this.
We look forward to receiving your applications.