We are looking for an enthusiastic Test Engineer to join our Radio Firmware team.
Radio Test Engineer
We are Samsung Cambridge, a research and development subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. We focus on the development of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets. Our first-rate connectivity IP can be found in a wide range of devices, predominantly mobile phones.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Test Engineer to join our Radio Firmware team. Your role will be to enhance and maintain the test environment used by our Radio Firmware Engineers to test and debug radio level embedded software for our connectivity chips.
You will be responsible for delivering the test capabilities within the agreed timescales. Some fault-finding, debugging and tool development will also be involved in your role.
As a Test Engineer in our Radio Firmware team you will:
- Be a valued-voice in a world-leading team
- Receive a competitive salary and benefits package
- Enjoy Private Medical, Travel and Life Insurance
- Choose your own flexible benefits such as Denplan or Gym Memberships
- Have 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell days
- Have access to outstanding discounts on Samsung products
- Enjoy our free onsite facilities including a canteen and gym
- Develop and maintain radio test scripts and our existing automated radio test system
- Execute tests on demand and analyse the test results on a daily basis
- Bring-up new radio test setups, including calibration
- Monitor test results and track any regressions
- Constantly improve the presentation of test results to developers
- Create and maintain relevant documentation
- Conduct peer reviews of test scripts
Skills and experience you’ll need:
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience using scripting languages like Python
- Experience using radio test equipment and gathering test results
- Good understanding of test debug techniques
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Tenacity in finding the root cause of complex issues
- Great team-mate with strong collaborative skills
- Ability to communicate technical subjects effectively
- Experience of Linux/shell environment
- Experience of using revision control systems (Git preferred)
Skills and experience that could help:
- Knowledge in Wi-Fi standards and low level radio/baseband
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- Jenkins knowledge
If you think you may be a good fit then please apply online. We are an equal opportunities employer and we know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We positively encourage applications from all qualified and eligible people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. If you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, please let us know during your application and we will make every effort to accommodate this.
We look forward to receiving your applications.