Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives.
Senior Engineer, Software Test
But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior test development engineer to join our world-leading and growing Bluetooth Firmware group. You will assist in the development of our Bluetooth range of products across the voice and music (headsets, speakers, soundbars, hearing aids), Internet of Things (smart home, beacons, trackers) and automotive markets (in-car media, tyre pressure sensors, smartphone connectivity).
As a senior software test development engineer working in an agile/scrum environment the successful applicant will take part in testing the customer facing Bluetooth firmware API's, and ensuring Bluetooth protocol conformance.
This will involve test planning, test case scripting with full automation, improving and extending test system capabilities, and of course test case execution, and the analysis and reporting of results. Mentoring and training will be provided from the more experienced engineers within the group.
- Testing of embedded firmware as part of the development team
- Development and maintenance of test infrastructure
- Writing of software test scripts
- Maintenance of test scripts and documentation
- Analysis of test failures and raising of defects
- Creation of test reports in line with departmental processes
- Task breakdown and estimation as part of an Agile team
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics
- References to a number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfil the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Person Specification - Required
- Proven experience of at least one scripting/programming language, preferrably Python
- Good understanding of object oriented software design and implementation
- Attention to detail; meticulous and thorough
- Understanding of software test debug techniques
- Knowledge of bug-tracking tool(s)
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Experience of Windows and Linux environments
- Proven experience in test automation
- Good communication skills Person Specification - Desired
- Good understanding of software test methodologies
- Experience of software project lifecycle
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Competent with using laboratory equipment such as scopes, digital multimeters.
Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics