Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
Product Specialist (Schematics)
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
AVEVA Engineering is AVEVA’s detailed 1D and 2D multi-disciplinary, data-centric design tool. Its aims are to provide more efficient engineering processes, higher quality deliverables, and an integrated design environment; all of which bring about less rework in construction and cost and time savings for our customers.
This role is to apply domain knowledge in defining, configuring and evolving Engineering content, facilitating fast and effective start-up for customers, as well as providing expert guidance, contributing to requirements, workflow, user stories and supporting documentation.
To be an expert in configuring the AVEVA Engineering software, providing setup, content and being an expert user of the software, to be able to demonstrate, transfer knowledge and to evangelise the benefits and best practice use of the software to developers, testers, support personnel and Business Units.
This position is fundamental to the AVEVA Engineering Information Management solution set achieving the optimal level of technical capability, whilst striving to support the overall aim of AVEVA products to be best in class.
The Product Specialist is responsible for delivery of their assigned work, guided by the Content Team Product Owner and Scrum Master, in line with AVEVA’s use of Agile Scrum.
Specifically, the Product Specialist will:
• Understand the Product Vision
• Understand and focus their work in support of Business priorities
• Participate in elaborating the backlog to meet Business and Customer requirements
• Work to User Stories specifying requirements and acceptance criteria
• Review and feedback on user scenario test cases
• Participate in Sprint Planning and Sprint Reviews, and attend daily stand-ups
• Participate in Internal and/or External Reference Groups when required
• Communicate with other Scrum Teams as necessary
• Communicate with the wider organisation, including Support and Business Unit colleagues, as necessary
• Assess and respond to customer support issues as prioritised by the Product Owner
• Assist developers and testers with all supporting information necessary to reproduce and fix a defect
• Assist when Customer issues are escalated and require specialist input
• Some travel over short lengths of time may form part of the overall scope of work
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in using Engineering applications and a sound understanding of asset information and engineering requirements, workflows and processes, in an EPC or OO environment.
This will be backed up with an education and work experience profile that includes operating in environments where projects must be delivered to scope, budget and schedule.
Previous engineering experience is required within and across team boundaries. There should be clear evidence of capability in creating and handling engineering deliverables such as datasheets and drawings.
Other key attributes include:
• Experience with AVEVA or competitor products
• Knowledge of process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation engineering requirements, workflows and processes
• Knowledge and experience of engineering data modelling and/or engineering class libraries
• Experience of industry or corporate standard datasheets for process, mechanical, electrical or instrumentation disciplines
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Self-motivated and possessing a passion for success
• Beneficial attributes and experience include:
• Relevant qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
• Proven experience of working on large scale Engineering projects
• Experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum
• Public speaking and presentation skills
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.