Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
Senior DevOps Engineer
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
AVEVA has an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to come on board as part of the EDM Platform Team to help manage, improve and modernize their existing CI/CD pipelines. You will be owning the development of the automated software delivery platform and related tools and functions and building new infrastructure in Jenkins and Azure DevOps and will enjoy applying automation and the challenges this brings across a broad range of technologies. Key tech skills will include exceptionally strong Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Build, Packaging and related tools in a Windows Environment.
• Lead and own the development and adoption of automated software delivery and related tools and functions
Provide enhancements to continually improve our automation of build, packaging and deployment
• Contribute to version-controlled build and deploy scripts as part of the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline, ensuring all code is fully reviewed, unit tested and documented
• Investigate and propose improvements to deployment management and improvements to speed up build and deployment times
• Participates in Scrum sprint planning and estimating; backlog maintenance; stand-ups; sprint reviews, with other team members, the Scrum Master and Product Owner
• Adopt a structured and methodological approach - documentation is kept up to date, software code is released in a structured manner, faults are logged and fixed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or another numerate subject
Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience in a Microsoft Windows development environment
• Experience with source control tools including git, TFS, ClearCase and various branching models
• Ability to communicate well with a broad range of people, including Scrum Team members, Product Owners, Testers.
• Able to coach and mentor less experienced colleagues
• Experience of using Agile methodologies such as Scrum & working in an agile workplace, working across development and support teams
• Experience with Continuous integration/delivery technologies such as Jenkins Pipelines/Bamboo/Azure DevOps Pipelines
• Experience with Nuget, NPM, VcPkg
• Package Management in Azure DevOps
• C# (.NET Framework/Core), Groovy, PowerShell, Batch Scripting
• Build tools and compilers
• Integrating with third party tools such as Sonarqube, Whitesource, Checkmarx and other static analysis and code quality tools
Desirable Skills that are a benefit:
• Experience with AWS or Azure and deploying cloud services and edge devices
• Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes/Container Service)
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.