CW are looking for a Marketing Manager to bring creativity, proactive problem-solving and attention-to-detail to the promotion of CW’s activities.
Base salary: £25,000 (pro rata if part-time)
Hours: Full time / Part time / Flexi time options available
About the role
CW are looking for a Marketing Manager to bring creativity, proactive problem-solving and attention-to-detail to the promotion of CW’s activities. The successful candidate will maximise the return to the company of CW’s busy portfolio of about 50 events per year. Your marketing plans will utilise the full marketing mix to secure the target number of delegates for each event, leverage the amazing content produced by our speakers to increase engagement on CW’s marketing channels, and funnel potential membership leads from events to the Business Development Team.
Depending on the wishes of the successful candidate the role can be full-time or part-time. Flexi-working is offered to all employees at CW (Cambridge Wireless).
CW is a leading membership organisation for companies involved in the research, development and application of wireless and mobile, internet, semiconductor and software technologies. We deliver about 50 events a year for our technology community, giving engineers and commercial leads an unparalleled platform for networking, knowledge acquisition, recruitment and business development.
It is an exciting time for CW. Over the past two years we have diversified our offering, adding training days, innovation programmes with major multinationals and sustainability-themed activities to our programme. We’ve also just become a certified CPD accreditation provider!
We work in the Bradfield Centre, a buzzy co-working space in the centre of the Cambridge Science Park. The team is small, friendly and incredibly productive. Each team member makes a visible impact on the company’s performance and is fully supported by colleagues and management. The marketing budget has been increased for the 2019/20 financial year, meaning there is opportunity for good ideas to be financially supported.
- Working alongside the Event Management Team, create and implement a plan per event to secure the target number of delegates.
- Working with the Head of Marketing and Business Development Team, leverage the event portfolio and associated content to increase membership.
- Grow CW’s social media channels, using them to drive traffic to the CW site and increase general visibility of CW activities.
- Manage CW’s email marketing channels to increase visibility of CW’s events and membership activities.
- Design eye-catching graphics for use across all marketing channels.
- Maximise the return from CW’s marketing partnerships and identify opportunities for new partnerships that offer value to the CW community.
- Ensure CW’s key event stakeholders, including sponsors, speakers and members, receive prompt marketing support as needed.
- 3+ years in a marketing role
- Demonstrable experience in managing your own marketing campaigns from concept to lessons learned
- Demonstrable experience in email marketing, social media management, website marketing, graphics creation and stakeholder management.
- (Preferred): Experience in event marketing or working for a membership organisation
Suggested skills and qualities
- Exceptional organisation skills, comfortable with managing multiple projects at once and working to strict delivery targets and schedules.
- Attention-to-detail, with a high bar for quality.
- Creative problem-solving combined with the ability to be proactive and adapt when plans change.
- Impactful communication with a variety of stakeholders, including colleagues, customers and partners.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office, social media tools, website content management systems, and customer relationship management databases.
- You will report into the Head of Marketing and work closely with the Event Management team and the Business Development team.
- All team members provide on-day delivery support for a proportion of CW’s events. While we make every attempt to manage this around our staff’s needs (e.g. travel arrangements, childcare), some level of flexibility to work evenings or travel nationally (typically London) is preferred.
Please submit a CV and cover letter stating in your cover letter whether you would like a full-time or part-time position.