IDTechEx has exciting opportunities for applicants with a strong interest and background in both science and business to join us as a Technology Analyst. This specific role relates to Power Electronics. A generational technology shift is taking place in the world of power electronics. This shift comes about every 20-25 years or so. Today, semiconductor technologies are emerging which enable systems that can operate at high-frequencies and/or high temperatures. In this role you will build technology know-how across material, device, module, and application levels. The analyst will develop solid understanding of the players and the value chain and will build forecast models covering all items from application level to specific material usage.
Power Electronics - Market Research & Consultancy
This position will be ideal for someone who wishes to travel extensively and work within a multinational team of bright and ambitious analysts at the exciting interface of emerging technologies and business.
You will develop your expertise and gain worldwide recognition in these emerging technology areas, assessing both the technical and the commercial aspects of each topic.
You will use your knowledge, insight and analysis to deliver unmatched business intelligence and to help our clients make business-critical informed decisions regarding their technology strategies.
There will be international travel - to learn and interpret the latest developments in your domain; to meet customers and innovative companies; to disseminate your knowledge and to promote IDTechEx at a global level.
You will be given client-facing responsibilities from the very start and there will be ample opportunity to participate in a range of strategic business development and marketing activities.
We expect you to become the go-to analyst/consultant in your domain of expertise. You will be recognised as a leading, trusted name in the industry to enable you to become the reference point for companies seeking business intelligence and/or commercialisation advice.
IDTechEx will facilitate your rapid personal and professional growth, including opportunities to develop towards project and people management in a dynamic, growing team and company.
- Conduct technology assessments; provide business insights, market forecasts and player analysis to write reports and/or deliver consulting projects.
- Conduct and track technology progress via company updates and regulation changes through face-to-face, telephone meetings and conference attendance, etc.
- Visit clients in person or conduct telephone interviews (often with global players)
- Represent IDTechEx at both our own international events and forums as well as other leading industry conferences. You will be expected to present your research findings and strategic insights where possible
- Actively promote IDTechEx and its products and services by writing articles, giving interviews with the media and delivering public speeches
- Assist our Events team with building conference programmes and developing topic-specific event strategy
- Be proactive in helping our business development team win new opportunities
- A strong record of academic achievement, including A/A* A-Level Mathematics; an Undergraduate/Master's degree in a STEM subject ideally from a top UK or internationally ranked university; PhD (desirable but not essential)
- 1-2 years technical/commercial experience
- Deep subject knowledge in power electronics
- A desire and drive to continuously learn about emerging technologies, their real-world applications, market status and player activities
- Excellent ability to seek out and present compelling new information and articulate an analysis both verbally and in writing, with accompanying visuals (charts, infographics, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experienced user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be confident in giving technical presentations in front of an audience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as having a collaborative attitude to your work, you are expected to be part of a team and coach and motivate others when necessary
- In addition to strong English language skills, it would be advantageous, but not necessary, to be proficient in another language, in particular German, Japanese or Korean
All of our analysts have many customer facing responsibilities. We will expect you to be highly confident and have excellent interpersonal skills. It goes without saying that we want you to be hugely resourceful and ambitious.
The position will be based in our Cambridge office, UK. Our working environment is however flexible.
How to apply
To apply please send us your CV and a cover letter. If you have a LinkedIn profile please include the link as well.