Cosworth is a world-leading technology business that delivers high performance engine and electronics solutions for automotive vehicle manufacturers and motorsport teams.
Head of Business Development - Automotive
Cosworth pioneered combining video and data to enhance data analysis in motorsport. We currently have exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Development – Automotive to join our rapidly growing, dynamic team responsible for the next generation of our Telematics & Connected Car systems.
These systems will:
- Reveal insights to help improve driver performance on and off the track.
- Provide a space for driving enthusiasts to share their experience.
- Allow users to compare themselves against each other, so everyone can improve
As the Head of Business Development, you will identify future commercial opportunities to develop our existing automotive business. You will successfully develop and manage business relationships with existing and potential clients / customers. You will engage with customers / clients and our software experts to promote future software and hardware solutions that can be provided by Cosworth to and for the automotive industry.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
You will be able to demonstrate that you have:
- +10 years within the automotive industry (at least 7 years in a commercial facing role)
- Experience in developing a sales pipeline and knowledge of growing and gaining market share
- Successful and proven skills and knowledge in identifying new routes to market
- Experience of managing, motivating and leading a less experienced team to success
- A 2:1 bachelor’s degree
- Professional sales training, e.g. ISM Sales Qualifications, Miller Heiman
Demonstrable skills; you will be able to
- Translate strategy into actions
- Use analytical tool to support your research and findings
- Communicate effectively
- Negotiate with customers /clients
- be a creative thinker
- be goal orientated
- Present using a variety of mediums – verbal, written and visual