What we’re looking for
This role is responsible for developing standards-based websites, delivering successful projects alongside the wider team. The role has a focus on CMS setup and back-end development work as well as front-end HTML/CSS development.
It’s important you are comfortable with WordPress and have an aptitude for PHP development. We are happy to offer training in how we tackle WordPress development and PHP programming at Studio 24. We’d expect a senior developer to have around 10 years’ experience building websites and extensive experience with WordPress.
Key skills we’re looking for are:
- Good experience with WordPress CMS including setup, configuration and templating
- Content modelling in WordPress. Working with custom post types, taxonomies, and advanced custom fields.
- Good experience with Front-end development, building custom designs into standards-based, accessible, maintainable and performant HTML/CSS that work well across a range of browsers and devices
- Good working knowledge of PHP to be able to develop WordPress sites
- Positive attitude, ability to work well in a team
- A good understanding of accessibility and front-end performance
Nice-to-have experience includes:
- Git version control
- Experience with Sketch design tool
- More advanced PHP skills
- Comfortable talking with clients and attending client workshops
- Experience with Twig templating and the Timber plugin
- An understanding of data privacy, ethics and security and how this applies to digital projects
- An understanding of Information Architecture (IA)
- Experience of APIs and data migration
Benefits working at Studio 24 include:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 holidays per year plus Bank Holidays, this increases after two years service
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
- Fresh fruit, coffee & soft drinks
- Regular team events & lunches
- Regular opportunities to attend conferences and training
- Company Day out of the office twice a year to talk strategy and improvement
- Free local benefits (free entry to Cambridge Botanic Garden and Cambridge Film Festival as part of our corporate sponsorship)
Values that are important to us at Studio 24 are:
- Straight talking – we have an open and honest approach
- Pride in our work – we have high standards and want to create excellent work
- Always asking why – we’re problem solvers, building solutions that meet real user needs
- Working together – we work best as a team with both the client and our colleagues
- Friendly and supportive – we have a positive outlook and believe in a supportive working environment
- Always learning – we believe in sharing knowledge and have a culture of continuous learning
We’re an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any background. You can find out more about our team on our website. Although this job is advertised as a full-time role we are happy to discuss part-time hours if the right candidate needs flexibility.
- Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK, we encourage EU citizens to apply to work with us.
- We don’t have a strict closing date for this role, though we expect to fill it by February.
- The application process starts with an informal call to talk about the role and your experience. This is followed up by a face-to-face interview where you’ll get the chance to talk to leaders in the agency and the team you’ll work with.
- We’re not working with recruitment agencies on this role.