Job title: Customer Success Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary range: £27,000 - £30,000 p.a.
Customer Success Manager
Job title: Customer Success Manager
- Focus on Customer Health, to ensure that all customers get the best possible value from the Researchfish product, and to utilise this to grow revenue
- Establish proactive communication tracks for all clients and a cadence for this communication based on client tiers to ensure renewals
- Initiate the Renewal process by tracking client health and alerting operations to processing paperwork
- Identify opportunities for cross sell, upsell and expansion, and push to Sales team
- Develop and manage on-going positive and productive relationships with customers
- Solid understanding of customers implementation and ongoing use of the platform to safeguard success
Researchfish is a Cambridge, UK-based company that makes it easy for researchers, universities, and funders to gather, present, explain, and evaluate the academic, social, and economic impact of their research.
In September 2019, Interfolio and Researchfish joined to create a single entity to help higher education and research organizations holistically understand and support the contributions of researchers within the higher education landscape. Together, Researchfish and Interfolio support the collaboration, impact, and effectiveness of funders and academic institutions globally.
Interfolio is a US-based company that builds smart, inspired, and useful products for the global higher education and research communities. With twenty years of experience of assisting academic staff and systems in higher education, Interfolio has built a global client base by defining and leading the category of academic information systems to support goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making. With the recent acquisition of Research Fish, the leading provider of research impact tracking, Interfolio is poised to provide an engine for all academic activity, decisions, and data, including information on the outcomes, outputs and impact of scientific research.
General aim of role
The main aim of this role is to develop and proactively manage ongoing relationships with customers of the Researchfish platform, monitor customer health and overseeing customer renewals. The post holder will often be the first port of call for existing customers with queries or concerns over their use of the platform. They will be striving to ensure the customers get the most value out of their use of the platform, and therefore safeguard client renewals.
The post holder will need to work alongside colleagues at Researchfish to ensure a coordinated and trouble-free experience for customers throughout their lifecycle with the Researchfish service and products.
They will also be expected to help the Support Team as and when is necessary to ensure that there is always adequate cover to respond to support queries from customers and users at all levels during busy periods. This is a small part of the post, however is very important as it assists the post holder with their continued knowledge/expertise of the Researchfish system, as well as a general understanding of the user community.
This post reports to the Impact & Evaluation Adviser. The role is primarily office based at the Researchfish offices in Cambridge but does necessitate some time working on customer sites.
Main duties/key responsibilities
On-going Customer Health Programme
- Retain, grow and expand customer relationships, business outcomes, and manage the overall health of customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, and therefore support growing revenue
- Manage programme of ongoing customer touch point meetings to maintain engagement with customers and ensure a continued understanding of their needs, issues, success stories and so on
- Develop periodic health reports and health scoring system to communicate status of customer health
- Monitoring any outstanding customer support calls and/or platform developments, escalating any issues, and ensuring the customer is fully informed and their expectations managed
- Act as main advocate on behalf of the customer post implementation, capturing product feedback, ideas for improvements to the system as well as potential future new features/products
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive account to contract renewals/upsells
- Adhoc project work as necessary e.g. assisting the development team with specification of new functionality, working with groups of customers on new areas for data collection and so on
- Promote best practice and ensure that customers understand how to get the best out of their use of Researchfish
- Develop a deep understanding of Researchfish products
- Shared ownership of the knowledgebase area of the Researchfish platform which hosts relevant information, documents for users of all types
- Some basic user support – via email and live chat to all types of users of platform
- Log and escalate tickets for platform issues as appropriate
- Assist with webinars and online training sessions
Knowledge & experience
Minimum of 3 years of customer success, customer support, and or account management experience.
Excellent customer facing skills including communications, diplomacy and general influencing skills.
Evidenced experience of developing and maintaining productive relationships with customer representatives.
An undergraduate degree.
Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage own discrete areas of work.
Sound project management skills including planning, prioritising and timely delivery, and particularly of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience discovering key goals and steering customer stakeholders with success plans.
Experience of creating and delivering communication through a variety of channels as appropriate for the target stakeholder group.
Knowledge and understanding of the research environment (desired).