We currently have a new opportunity to join our small knit team, reporting into the General Counsel. Equal consideration will be given to individuals who wish to work full time (37 hours p/w), part time or flexibly.
Opportunities for permanent roles in a range of business sectors
About the role:
As Legal Counsel you will have responsibility for the following;
- Lead on data protection matters and, work closely with the General Counsel, be responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection laws, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018,
- Support our technology transfer team, research programmes and management operations teams, including advising them on a wide range of activities;
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of research, collaboration and similar agreements; and
- Work closely with our Faculty and Board of Management advising them on complex issues, implications, risks and courses of action.
- Qualified as a UK solicitor (or equivalent in other jurisdictions)
- Experience in advising on data protection matters
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
- Experience of applying legal expertise to business problems in a complex and dynamic setting
- Enthusiasm for the Institute’s charitable mission in scientific research
- Demonstrable ability to give advice that strikes an appropriate balance between risk and benefit and takes account of legal and commercial considerations
- Strong communicator with effective project and time management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to present ideas articulately and to effectively convey legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people (from scientists and academics to finance and operational professionals)
- “Can-do” attitude focused on looking for solutions
- Positive, open-minded with a flexible approach
- Good understanding of charity sector
- Exposure to scientific research or pharma/biotech environment
Closing date: 16th February, 2020