What you’ll be doing
As the Lead Software Developer in Test in our Services Development team, you will:
- Work with the teams to design and build automation frameworks that enable the team to write effective and clear test scripts. This framework will be essential in establishing confidence in the core platform’s existing and new features as it grows.
- Guide, mentor and review test scenarios developed by the team to maintain a fast, effective and useful set of test suites.
- Help architect the Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline to deliver the right verification feedback quickly and frequently.
- Work with the team to establish the platform’s testing strategy.
The team you'll be joining is building and scaling our cloud-based service platform that supports customers and distribution. The platform delivers mobile payment systems, business and distributor information systems, mobile apps and data and analytics platforms. You will be essential in helping us make sure the platform is right for the users and fit for purpose.
Working at Azuri you will make a real social and economic difference to millions of people in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our products and services have an immediate impact on the education, health, wealth, security and life quality of our customers through the delivery of renewable energy and services.
Who you are
You are passionate about building test frameworks, CI pipelines and testing strategies in a collaborative and agile way to make sure products are right for the users. You thrive in teams solving complex problems. You have the drive to lead design and technology decisions to deliver the best service development experience for you and your team.
- A real passion for collaborative teamwork and test engineering.
- Test Execution Frameworks (e.g. pyunit, jasmine, mocha, junit)
- Continuous Integration experience (GitLab, CircleCI, Jenkins etc.)
- Test Strategy definition and prioritisation.
- A good degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant subject OR equivalent experience.
- Avid follower of technologies and techniques used in testing and CI/CD.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Knowledge of hybrid app development and delivery
- Familiarity with tools for performance and security testing
- Hands-on experience testing RESTful or GraphQL services.
- Knowledge of browser-based and/or mobile app user interface testing.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar technologies.
- Experience with Cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
Occasional travel to Sub-Saharan Africa may be required.
Azuri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.