We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Account Manager to join our Scientific Operations Strategy and Support Team to support one of the most ambitious human genome sequencing projects ever undertaken.
Strategic Account Manager
Together with deCODE in Iceland, the Sanger Institute will read and assemble the whole genome sequences of 500,000 UK Biobank volunteers. The Sanger Institute will sequence 225,000 whole human genomes.
Sequencing will take place over 27 months, starting in September 2019. This builds on the ongoing success of the pilot programme, known as the Vanguard project, in which Sanger is sequencing 10 per cent of the cohort - 50,000 genomes of UK Biobank volunteers.
You will be based in the Strategy and Support group, where we work creatively, collaboratively and transparently to ensure we provide the right support, products and services, at the right scale, quality and value for the benefit of Sanger’s World Leading Research.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is goal and service orientated. The successful candidate will have significant prior experience of working in a sales or marketing role in the field of life sciences or genomics and will demonstrate personal commitment to delivering team goals. The role will require some travel.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Management, Marketing, Customer Relationship Management or related field (e,g. Biomedical Sciences).
- Experience: Proven experience in a marketing or sales position and substantial customer relationship experience working in the field of life sciences genomics or biotechnology.
- Interpersonal Skills: Goal and service-oriented; positive can-do attitude; calm and patient and professional, who is able to accommodate challenging customers/situations. Must be able to work comfortably in a fast-paced and competitive commercial environment, be highly adaptable to change, and demonstrate composure under pressure and in times of uncertainty.
- Communication Skills: Communication skills are a major requirement of this position, must be able to consistently address customer concerns while offering clear, concise, and understandable responses to questions or concerns. Outstanding communication skills in both written and verbal form are essential. Must be able to convey even the most complex information to stakeholders in simple and clear language and in a manner that is convincing.
- Analytical Skills: Must portray interest and skills in standard planning and operational analytics practices, e.g. competitive and opportunity analysis. Must demonstrate ability to process customer information and data and translate it into actionable insights