We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our Scientific Operations Strategy and Support Team to support the delivery of our high throughput pipelines, who are responsible for all data production at the Institute, through the implementation and management of a Quality Management System.
Quality Assurance Manager
You will be based in the Strategy and Support group, where we work creatively, collaboratively and transparently to ensure we provide the right support, products and services, at the right scale, quality and value for the benefit of Sanger’s World Leading Research.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is goal and service orientated. You will have significant experience of working in quality assurance roles in a scientific environment and will adopt a pragmatic approach in the development and implementation of a quality management system in a research environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field (e,g. Biomedical/life Sciences).
- Experience: Proven experience in a Quality Assurance role. Extensive experience of ISO or GxP environments. Experience of conducting technical and management audits. Providing and advising on Quality Assurance in a Scientific Environment; Experience of UKAS audit or MHRA GCP/GMP/GLP audits.
- Knowledge: Practical knowledge of e.g. GCLP, ISO 9000 family of standards, ISO/IEC 17025 and other relevant standards. Practical knowledge of frameworks that might support implementation e.g. TQM or Six Sigma.
- Interpersonal Skills: Positive can-do attitude; calm, patient and professional, who is able to accommodate potentially challenging situations. Must have a proven ability to respectfully challenge the status quo and support change management process.
- Communication Skills: Outstanding communication skills in both written and verbal form are essential. Must be able to convey even the most complex information to stakeholders in simple and clear language and in a manner that is convincing.
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to analyse complex information, identify trends and present complex data in a meaningful form to facilitate and prioritise activities for management action.