At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
Senior Scientist: Cell Technologies
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Senior Scientist to push the boundaries of cell reprograming. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success, patient impact.
- Provide high-level scientific expertise for new and ongoing research projects, contributing to all phases of a project, from experimental design through to execution and reporting;
- Conduct high-level scientific research aimed at the development and in vitro validation of human cell conversions using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology;
- Work as a pivotal part of the research and development team, conducting complex scientific wet lab research independently, as well as part of a wider project group;
- Lead and support new business initiatives, working alongside the business development and executive leadership team to achieve key program objectives;
- Collaboratively analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues;
- Act as a mentor to junior staff within the company;
Senior Scientist profile:
- Solid molecular and cell biology with a PhD in a relevant area with 3–5 years of follow-on experience. For example, this can include post-doctoral or equivalent experience in an industry setting;
- Proven ability to work independently or within a collaborative team setting;
- Proven ability to manage complex projects under pressure and with a sense of urgency;
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in some of the following areas is preferred:
- Handling and characterization of different cell types, such as of pluripotent stem cells, and experience in in vitro cell differentiation and reprograming
- Viral construct preparation and transduction of cells
- Familiarity with NGS and RNAseq
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive Pension
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Share Scheme
- Income Protection
- 25 Days Holiday
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for.