Blacktrace Group is an exciting and dynamic place to work. Focusing on Productizing Science®, the group designs, develops and manufactures truly innovative, premium quality scientific products. It sells them globally to a range of markets via market leading brands including Dolomite and Dolomite Bio. This role will be focused on the activities of Dolomite.
At the core of our business is Microfluidics, a scalable technology that allows for precise control over the combination of fluids in a continuous process. Due to a rapid and exciting period of growth, our laboratory activities are growing and we are looking to add a laboratory technician to the team. Reporting to the Head of Chemistry, the laboratory technician will be responsible for the general operation and maintenance of the laboratory spaces, and will coordinate with lab users to ensure the smooth execution of laboratory activities. In addition to general organisational activities, the Lab Technician will also participate in the manufacture of our Specialist Chemicals product range.
We are a fun and engaging place to work so above all else candidates should be enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to get stuck in!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the general operation of the laboratories
- Organisation of laboratory inspections
- Maintaining laboratory consumables stock, including purchasing and organisation
- Managing the laboratories' chemical inventories
- Organisation of laboratory shipments and deliveries
- Organisation of equipment calibration and maintenance
- Management of Demo Equipment
- Coordination of Lab waste disposal
- Maintaining Health and Safety Documentation
- Enforcing good health and safety practices in the laboratories
- Following of SOPs to manufacture chemical products
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- An academic background in Science, e.g. at least an upper second class Bachelor's degree or equivalent specialized experience.
- Experience in practical laboratory work is essential, ideally in a chemistry lab
- A strong awareness of laboratory health and safety processes
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- A proactive attitude towards improving the laboratory environment.
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team is essential.
- Excellent attention to details.
Staff benefits include 25 days paid holiday per year (not including bank holidays), bonus scheme, pension scheme, private health insurance, cycle scheme and a ‘green’ car scheme. The role is based in Royston, a short commute from Cambridge and on the main train line to Kings Cross.