At the core of our business is Microfluidics, a scalable technology that allows for precise control over the combination of fluids in a continuous process. Due to a rapid and exciting period of growth, we are now looking to increase the headcount in our Applications team. Reporting to the Head of Applications, the successful candidate will have a relevant background in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microfluidics or Biology, and will focus on growing applications for Dolomite products. As a Technical Applications Specialist you will be taking an essential part in promoting products that are global leaders in their space.
We are a fun and engaging place to work so above all else candidates should be enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to get stuck in!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with performing customer demos and installations, both on-site and off-site, as well as attending conferences and exhibitions to help sell our products (significant travel will be a requirement of the role)
- Generating Application Notes and Technical Notes for Dolomite microfluidic products.
- Installation & Training of Dolomite microfluidic products.
- Monitoring scientific publications for coverage of Dolomite products and their new applications.
- Supporting the R&D team with testing products during development and feeding back ideas and improvement suggestions.
- Supporting the marketing team with data and content creation, e.g. datasheets, PR materials, technical proof reading.
- Interacting with customers to help them understand which of our products they need to buy for their application and how to best use our products to support their application.
- Presenting and hosting sessions on applications and products during training and workshops, both on-site and off-site.
- Testing our products in-house, to ensure they meet the customer’s expectations for performance and quality.
- A strong academic background in a science discipline, e.g. at least an upper second Master’s Degree or equivalent specialised experience.
- Experience in microfluidics is desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- A high proficiency at writing technical and scientific documents.
- A willingness to travel in and outside the United-Kingdom (up to 50 % of the working time).
- A demonstrated interest in dissemination of science and scientific techniques.
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail.
The role is based in Royston, a short commute from Cambridge and on the main train line to Kings Cross. Staff benefits include 25 days paid holiday per year (not including bank holidays), pension scheme, private health insurance, cycle scheme and a ‘green’ car scheme.
We look forward to hearing from you!