Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking an experienced FPGA specialist for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business.
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics and software to drive industrial inkjet printers. Meteor products are used in a wide range of digital printing applications such as digital product decoration, textile printing, ceramic tile decoration, 3D printing and more. Meteor products incorporate FPGAs, microcontrollers, and high-performance amplifiers as part of a modular and scalable system. Headquartered near Cambridge, UK, Meteor employs about 30 people, including software engineers, electronics engineers, and FPGA developers, in a friendly, fast-paced environment. With a long-established reputation in the development, supply and support of reliable, high-performance products, Meteor has secured a significant share of the global market and enjoys a loyal and growing customer base.
Meteor products are based on complex field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), programmed mainly in VHDL. The company seeks an enthusiastic and experienced FPGA developer to head up its FPGA development activities
Reporting to Meteor’s Engineering Director, the role will include:
- Managing all Meteor’s FPGA development activities
- Developing complex FPGA functionality for Meteor’s products
- Working with software and electronics developers to define the overall product
- Mentoring and assisting junior FPGA developers
The candidate should have:
- An exceptional understanding of digital design principles
- At least six years’ experience developing complex FPGA code in VHDL or Verilog
- A good understanding of FPGA simulation and verification methods
- Ability to work both individually and in a multi-disciplinary team
- A good degree in a relevant subject
The candidate should ideally also have some of the following:
- Knowledge of python, tcl, or similar scripting languages
- Project management experience
- Understanding of modern communications protocols
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters at Harston, near Cambridge. Although the role may involve occasional international travel to establish requirements or to assist customers in deploying Meteor products, travel is not a significant part of this job.
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing small company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and an annual profit sharing bonus.