At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
Senior/Principal Scientist - Technology Development
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an ambitious Senior/ Principal Scientist to lead a newly formed Technology Development team. You will be leading a team focused on cutting edge technology, working on projects ranging from gene editing to synthetic biology, as well as method development. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, working as a role model to lead this innovation hub inside Mogrify.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Act as the lead innovator, leading a team that will serve as the innovation hub at Mogrify, creating technologies and methods that are in line with Mogrify’s ambition to transform cell therapy.
- Have a full mandate to focus on innovation and technology development, proposing, designing and executing technology development projects, delivering new innovations and pipelines that will enhance Mogrify’s capabilities.
- Thrive on the challenge of cracking though problems, establishing new capabilities and providing vital support within a growing business.
- Provide support to the different disease area projects at Mogrify, working together with the scientific leads and bioinformaticians to define what new methods and technologies should be adopted or created to enhance Mogrify’s capabilities in the gene and cell therapy space.
- Establish and manage a high-performing team of scientists, working solely in the technology development team, coordinating the internal innovation projects.
- Act as a role model within the company, leading this cutting-edge new initiative that will deliver the technologies required for our continuous success into the new decade.
- Stay up to date on relevant literature and help evaluate external technologies that contribute to business objectives/success.
Principal Scientist – Technology Development profile:
- Solid molecular and cell biology knowledge with a PhD in a relevant area with over 6 years of follow-on experience.
- Demonstrated leadership of scientific projects and management of a team of scientists.
- A track record of delivering successful innovation projects in a similar role, with significant experience in an industrial or academic environment.
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Molecular biology, vector design and synthetic biology
- Gene engineering technologies
- Viral and non-viral delivery systems
- Cellular reprogramming and differentiation
- Single-cell Sequencing
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive Pension
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Share Scheme
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for.