Joining Alchera means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people who share our vision of making cities more liveable for their citizens. Our team combines visionary leaders, multi-disciplinary R&D experts and an experienced commercial group, all with a range of ages, nationalities, and backgrounds. We have a fun and friendly atmosphere, challenge ourselves every day and are committed to our work.
Business Development Lead
We are looking for an experienced business development leader to build out and deliver our sales pipeline, grow the supporting team, and lead a key function of the business at an exciting time.
Working with us means working in an energetic and driven start-up environment with a team of exceptionally talented colleagues, in a position to shape the future of transport and the built environment.
- Reporting to the CEO; develop and lead the path to continued commercial growth for the company and the development of an effective commercial function
- Scale up commercial capabilities into the next phase of commercial delivery: recruit sales & BD managers, embed effective internal processes, create & maintain compelling sales material, implement KPI-based reporting
- Maintain a data-led view of target markets, value proposition and competitive advantage; use this to inform commercial priorities that deliver in-year goals & align with our long-term strategy
- Assess & manage a pipeline of target customers across relevant channels to deliver on the company's growth objectives; execute swiftly & effectively, coordinating across teams as needed
- Build trusted long-term relationships with target customers and partners to better understand their operational and commercial challenges and improve our ability to close major enterprise sales
- Direct all major proposals and competitive tenders, working with teams across the organisation to ensure a clear and compelling pitch
- Lead contract negotiations with customers and partner organisations, ensuring optimal risk/ reward and (with the management team) appropriate commercial and contractual structures
- Work closely with the product and technology teams to communicate customer needs, helping to align development priorities and resources and to constantly improve the platform
- Work closely with the product and management teams to identify and scope proof of concept opportunities for outcome-based pilots that will clearly lead to new growth
- Represent the company externally; organise a presence at key events and conferences, liaise with corporate team and advisors for hosting strategic roundtable events
- Take ownership of brand presence building, curating, creating and publishing content (whitepapers, blog posts, press releases), liaising with PR agencies and ensuring the content on the website remains up to date.
The ideal candidate
- Proven track record of building and successfully executing against a B2B sales pipeline; SaaS and/ or early-stage company experience highly desirable
- Proven track record of building strong, trusted relationships in a professional setting and maintaining these over the long-term
- Familiarity with market dynamics, trends and customer landscape in infrastructure, mobility and/ or public sector; direct experience and/ or demonstrable passion highly desirable
- Strategic thinker, grounded in objective analysis but with a flare of entrepreneurial confidence with a can-do, roll-your-sleeves-up attitude to develop, test, build and execute new company initiatives
- Results-driven; will know better than anybody how we are performing against our goals, and thrive on developing strategies and that allow us to grow revenue