The Senior Mobile App Developer will:
- Work as part of a cross-functional full-stack development team to develop and deliver new versions of the PitPat app to be released on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with project strategy stakeholders to refine and define the functionality, specifications and features of each new version of our app.
- Lead the team in developing the best possible technical solutions to product and business requirements.
- Be involved in carrying out tasks across the entire software development lifecycle and actively aid team members in completing theirs.
- Take a leading role in mentoring members of the team and take a hands on approach in enabling all team members to develop their skills.
- Further develop and improve our core software engineering principles and development process.
- Work with some of the latest versions of .NET Framework and .NET Core.
Key personal attributes and core principles:
- A true passion for software engineering and a desire to write clean maintainable code.
- Testing is not optional and testing at all levels is fundamental in delivering high quality software consistently.
- The SOLID principles act as a good baseline to write clean, robust and maintainable code.
- An enthusiasm for the kind of flexible collaborative working that’s essential in a company of our size.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- At least 5 years commercial experience working on mobile applications (iOS and Android, preferably with Xamarin).
- At least 3 years commercial experience of .NET development.
- Significant experience of agile development, with a particular focus on regular, on-time, bug-free code-releases to a large user-base.
- A strong understanding of various programming paradigms, software design patterns and the SOLID principles.
- Experience architecting full stack systems.
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring team members.
- Experience delivering process improvements.
Job reference: PP-JOB-24
Reports to: CTO.
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Remuneration: Competitive + benefits, based on experience.
Start date: ASAP.