The Software QA Lead / Test Engineer will:
- Own and take responsibility for the quality and reliability of future versions of our smartphone app and cloud service.
- Work intimately and effectively with colleagues developing app and cloud code, ensuring the newly developed features of our agile sprints fully meet the product requirements.
- Manage the effective testing of the regular app, web and cloud system releases to our customers.
- Work with company management, to develop and put into place robust quality and testing strategies and processes.
- Initially, work as the lead test engineer for our app and cloud service and, as we grow in coming years, work with (and potentially manage) other members of a QA/test team.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Significant experience of the design and execution of test strategies and procedures for iOS and Android apps.
- Significant experience of the design and execution of test strategies and procedures for cloud services (experience with the Azure platform is a bonus).
- Diligence in version control, issue-tracking and documentation (ideally using git and Bitbucket).
- Experience of automated test tools, regression testing, load testing and exploratory testing.
- Experience of the design and operation of beta (field) trials.
- Experience of infosec requirements, penetration testing, etc.
- Experience of defensive programming strategies.
Benefits of the role include:
25 days holiday
Dog friendly office
Garden with BBQ
Well stocked kitchen
Pawsome team social events
Job reference: PP-JOB-23
Reports to: CTO.
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Remuneration: Competitive + benefits, based on experience.
Start date: ASAP.