- Manage a team of Technical Support and DevOps Engineers
- Ensure the availability of a global SaaS operation
- Ensure services are delivered within operational budgets
- Take ownership of customer support tickets, ensuring that all tickets are actioned in a timely manner and SLAs met
- Work with the Technical Support Engineers to execute impact analysis and provide accurate classification of reported issues to ensure appropriate prioritisation
- Work closely with Technical Leads to resolve issues and provide excellent customer service, ensuring problem routing and escalation, when necessary
- Ensure SLAs are met through regular monitoring of systems. Deliver periodic ticketing reports in conjunction with SLAs
- Work with Technical Support lead to build automated processes to streamline support procedures
- Take responsibility for smooth and seamless product releases, with minimal system downtime
- Provide service availability reporting and capacity management for hosted services
- Take responsibility to ensure new customers are onboarded and available within the agreed SLA.
- Undertake quarterly security checks to validate user access
- Provide and maintain company IT asset register
- Responsible for selection of stories into iterations via sprint planning
- Responsible for product backlog definition to meet the Product Management objectives
- Responsible for specifying requirements for other squads as required
- Responsible for Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives to gather feedback and implement feedback / lessons learnt
- Work with other Squads during sprint cycle to provide necessary infrastructure and services
Director or Operations
Experience in managing a Technical Operations or Support team
Experience in the provision of SaaS service delivery
Experience in a technically hands-on role such as technical support engineer, sysadmin or devops engineer
Good knowledge of Linux operating systems and services
Gook knowledge of MySQL (or similar)
Knowledge of agile working practices
Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills
Good and proven communication skills both written and verbally
Advantageous but not essential
Scripting such as bash or python
Used Jira or Target Process
Usage of Bitbucket or equivalent tool
Understanding and exposure of Python & PHP programming languages
Additionally, competitive salary, 25 days holiday per annum, 4% employer pension contribution.
Accomplished Technical Operations Manager who relishes working in an ambitious, customer-driven company in the field of “expert systems”. Ability to work under pressure, enjoys a varied workload, and has excellent track record of self-development.
The Technical Operations manager must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to manage and motivate a team of engineers, take responsibility for their role within the business be able to work independently but also be part of the team.
Hours of employment and on-call provision
At ThoughtRiver, we have customers around the world. To provide excellent support coverage the Technical Operations and Support Engineer will be required to work staggered hours, ranging from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday. There is flexibility around these hours, which will be discussed at interview. Alongside, there is an additional allowance to support an on-call rota.