Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group (MADG) is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Senior Support Solutions Manager (Head of Future Support Solutions)
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost. We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Within MADG, Marshall Land Systems (MLS) specialises in Defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, the delivery of Managed Support Services (MSS) ranging from Contracting for Availability to traditional Post Design Service contracting, and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
The MLS MSS team structure comprises the Support Programme Delivery Team who are responsible for delivery and evolution of current support contracts; and the Futures Team, who are responsible for Support Solution design and development, strategic growth and new business development, as well as developing support contracts prior to transfer to the Support Programme Delivery Team.
We currently require a Senior Support Solutions Manager (SSSM) to lead the Managed Support Service Futures team.
Reporting to the Director of Support Programmes, the SSSM will lead the Futures Team and propel the growth of the MSS business through the pursuit of MSS opportunities and in the design, development and implementation of MSS solutions.
- Support the Director of Support Programmes in the delivery of all MSS objectives, including the growth of the MSS business in accordance with the business plan.
- Lead the Futures Team to develop innovative and cost-effective managed support service offerings.
- Support business development activity associated with the business stream.
- Engage with customers and partner organisations, bidding for opportunities where Support is an element of the MADG offer, as well as where the opportunity is entirely of a Support nature.
- Lead the team in: creating bid/project specific MSS solutions, planning, scheduling, budgeting, implementation and management of all MSS solutions, facilitating and optimising stakeholder inclusion and buy-in for organisational and customer confidence in delivery.
- Support the development of new strategic products and develop our information as a service proposition.
- Personally delivering the role of Support Solution Design Manager for designated projects or programmes; working as the MSS representative and an integrated member of the Project Team to provide MSS input to the Project; collaborate with other technical project disciplines as the Project Support Solution Architect.
- Briefing Customers and the MADG Management Board at Programme Reviews.
- Line management of the Future Solutions Team (currently 4 experienced direct reports) and setting/reviewing individual performance targets.
- Act as a deputy to the Director of Support Programmes, and work closely with the MSS Senior Programme Manager.
- An academic degree or equivalent, in a technical discipline, from a university or other higher educational establishment
- Experience of managing multi-function projects in a matrix organisation
- The ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders across the business.
- Leading and managing teams of people.
- A proactive, energetic and positive individual who thrives on personal challenge and accountability who has the ability and confidence to challenge in a constructive manner.
- An innovative thinker, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly express views and ideas.
- Experience in fleet management and performance based logistics.
- Experience in developing, leading and managing performance based support contracts.
- Involvement and understanding of Integrated Logistics Support.
- Understanding and experience in the Defence market and defence acquisition.
- Project Management experience.
- Understanding and implementing strategic growth, business planning and business development.
- Equipment Support Management experience.
- Experience in Design and Development of Support Solutions for electro-mechanical systems, preferably in the Land environment.
- Experience in Availability Contracting.
- Experience in delivery of Change Management.
Desirable Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.