The Royal Society of Chemistry's testing team is part of our Applications Development team which also includes software developers and an Agile coach. Our testing team includes a lead and test engineers at senior and junior levels. As a Senior Test Engineer for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will develop and support a variety of test automation solutions and be responsible for testing all of our software products.
We are looking for:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile environment and of building robust test automation solutions from scratch.
- Well versed in best patterns and practices around automated testing and have the ability to define new automation processes and procedures.
- Excellent exploratory testing experience.
- Good scripting and troubleshooting experience with C#.
- Experience of working in Agile / DevOps environments, familiar with Scrum/Kanban.
- Experience of software management tools (e.g. Jira and Confluence).
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Attention to detail, with a logical approach to problem solving and an investigative and inquisitive mind.
- Understanding of user needs, user stories, and a business outcome approach to work.
- A professional attitude, building and maintaining relationships with our customers and demonstrating a customer-focused behaviour at all times.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Experience of working in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS).
- Knowledge of cross-browser testing tools (e.g. BrowserStack).
- Load and performance testing.
- Certified in Agile software testing (e.g. ISTQB Agile foundation).
If interested, please apply now. If selected for interview, interviews will be arranged remotely via Zoom video call.
Download the full job description here.