We are seeking a talented consultant to lead our research and manage our clients in the domain of sustainable investment, tax and finance. Your achievements will contribute to the commercial success of the team and the business. The role will be based, initially at least, in Cambridge, UK, but you will also engage with our teams in Brussels and Budapest.
Your responsibilities will include:
- winning and delivering consultancy projects in the domain of sustainable investment, tax and finance
- developing and maintaining a personal and organisational reputation for expertise and leadership in the market and research community
- leading client meetings and stakeholder events, representing CE and its offer
- acting as a bridge between our modelling team and the clients who use our analysis, presenting a narrative to interpret and explain the modelling results
- outreach and engagement with (potential) clients and partners
- identifying and developing opportunities for business and drafting compelling, persuasive and relevant tenders
- ensuring client expectations are met by anticipating needs and maintaining a high-quality standard for our services
- understanding client needs and explaining how CE’s modelling addresses their questions
We are looking for people who have:
- a successful track record of 5-10 years of working in the financial sector or consultancy in topics related to sustainable investment
- established contacts with (potential) clients and partners in the finance sector
- a deep understanding of sustainable, impact and ESG investing
- proven project and people management skills (3+ years)
- a resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving and designing research to meet the client’s needs
- excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to identify and express clearly key messages in language appropriate to clients
- a desire to make a difference in the policy areas that form CE's core business, for this position, sustainable investment, tax and finance
- a keen interest in making evidence-based analysis relevant to the needs of decision-makers
- the background and applied experience to communicate effectively and credibly with clients and technical project team members (a first degree in economics, finance, or another relevant discipline at 2:1 or above, and experience working in a relevant environment such as consultancy or finance)
- willingness to travel
Applicants will be required to have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
For more details see our website.
To apply, download our application form (Word or PDF), complete it, and follow the instructions on how to submit it.
Working at Cambridge Econometrics
Cambridge Econometrics is a world-leading provider of real-world, evidence-based economic analysis for policy assessment. As the trading arm of a charitable trust, we’re driven by a desire to make a difference, not just a profit. We do work that we are interested in and can feel proud of.
We look for people who can provide rigorous, quantitative analysis and deliver it to our clients with confidence and clarity. Our reputation is based on delivering penetrating insight, so we recruit and develop people with an ability to digest, interpret and summarise key messages.
Cambridge Econometrics is accredited as an Investors in People organisation at the Silver award level. In all parts of the organisation we like to stretch and challenge our staff, so they continue to learn, and develop their skills and experience. In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and inclusive environment, and a strong commitment to high-quality training and development from day one. Benefits include: individual training budget; flexible working; group personal pension; and income protection insurance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and we welcome applications from under-represented communities and groups. A copy of our Equal Opportunities Policy is available on request.