At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
Director of Operations
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Director of Operations. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Work with the COO to create departmental goals which comply with and enhance the company-wide strategic plan
- Work with the COO to build and develop a world-class operational team to support a high growth company and deliver against the needs of the wider business
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and suggest and apply operational improvements.
- Revise and/or formulate operational policies and procedures, and promote their implementation
- Active involvement in planning and budgeting, and the oversight of operational cost control
- Regularly reporting against goals/KPIs
- Provide effective team and project management duties, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring the company’s needs are met
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote company goals
- Keep the company risk register up to date and design mitigation strategies
- Develop, oversee and monitor all site-related systems to protect company assets.
- Develop a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy, devising and implementing appropriate policies and DR tests.
- When appropriate, identify potential capacity and operational efficiency opportunities.
- Directly responsible for the following functions:
- Facilities/laboratory/office management:
- Help create an enjoyable and inspiring working environment capable of accommodating >60 FTE by the end of 2020 and additional headcount beyond
- Expand and maintain functional and well-run laboratories to fulfill the needs of at least 40 scientific FTE by the end of 2020 and additional headcount beyond
- Ensure that the facility is maintained to the highest (appropriate) standards of regulation, quality and health and safety
- Ensure the Company is complying with its lease agreement
- Manage the procurement processes and coordinate material and resource allocation.
- Manage and help develop the Facilities Manager, Laboratory Manager & Office Administrator.
- Ensure that the Company is compliant with appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Ensure appropriate types and levels of insurance are in place
- Amend, create and implement Company policies suitable to the stage of the business.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR.
- Ensure good management practices including HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment)
- Experience working within an ISO/GXP environment would be preferable.
- IT :
- Create an IT infrastructure capable of robustly and securely supporting the company wide operations.
- Manage the relationship with our outsourced IT consultants and determine the need for in-house support
- Facilities/laboratory/office management:
- MSc/MBA minimum.
- 5 + years senior leadership role in an operations function within the life sciences field
- Professional qualifications within the fields of health and safety, facilities management, business process optimization (e.g. Lean 6-Sigma or equivalent) are valued.
- 10+ years’ experience in the life sciences industry.
- Leadership experience within an operations function in a fast-growing, early-stage life sciences company
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Hands-on experience in facilities management /H&S field preferred
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Outstanding organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
- Has experienced and overcome operational hurdles common to fast-growing life science companies
- Project Management experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Experience in HR/organizational design/culture development/Legal/company secretarial experience would be valued.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 Days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to email@example.com.