At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
Head: Cell Therapy
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Head of Cell Therapy. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Provide scientific leadership for new and ongoing projects and programs, in collaboration with the R&D team and founders
- Responsible for the strategic direction as related to scientific research programs in line with company objectives
- Interface with university, government and industrial partners
- Support business development efforts
- Document new initiative concepts in internal reports, white papers and proposals
- Note that this role will not have any direct reports
- A PhD degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry or life sciences
- 15+ years’ experience working in a similar function; understanding of cell therapies is preferred
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues internally at all levels across different departments as well as externally
- Applicants should be highly organized, self-motivated, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively; adept at working in a fast-paced team environment with shifting priorities
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 Days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.