AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Health Economics Manager (Oncology)
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Market Access team to support our dynamic and highly successful Oncology business unit. As Health Economics Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on four main disease areas: breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with global HEOR function to shape the development of cost utility analysis models, systematic literature reviews, network meta analyses and other payer-related materials for HTA
- Provide strategic input into pricing strategy, evidence needs etc
- Research prior appraisals to gain understanding of relevant considerations
- Tailor final deliverables to meet UK HTA needs, via “hands on” approach, including development of budget impact analysis
- Write cost-effectiveness section for submissions to NICE, SMC and AWMSG, working collaboratively with UK Market Access colleagues and Medical team
- Provide high quality responses to technical assessor questions
- Represent AstraZeneca to a high standard at appraisal committee meetings
- Manage the outsourcing of some aspects, as needed
- Develop early cost-effectiveness analysis based on target product profile, to inform national market access feasibility assessment, to support internal forecasting process and global-led consultations
- Develop strong brand and therapy area knowledge to give effective support to Brand Marketing Teams, having taken the time to understand their needs
- Within cross functional teams, contribute to the strategic and operational planning processes
- Postgraduate qualification in health economics
- 3+ years experience developing HE content for HTA submissions in either in a HEOR agency or in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to be able to develop cost-utility analysis and budget impact models in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge (or above) of Microsoft VBA
- Demonstrable record of collaborative working and personal delivery to agreed timelines
- Ability to be able to prioritise effectively, based on business need
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong written skills
- Experience of training non-Health Economists in the effective delivery of HE outputs
- Experience in oncology therapy area
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- Experience of up-skilling junior HE staff
- Other experience beyond Health Economics (e.g. NHS)