Fluidic Analytics envisions a world where information about proteins and their behaviour transforms our understanding of how the biological world operates and helps all of us make better decisions about how we diagnose diseases, develop treatments and maintain our personal well-being.
By building the world’s best tools, software and services for protein characterisation and making them universally accessible in the lab, in the clinic or at home, we are making this vision a reality not just for a small group of expert users, but for everyone who can benefit.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and practical mechanical design engineer to join our new product design team. In this senior role within the Instrumentation development team, you will be tasked with the realisation of new products and technologies for Fluidic Analytics. As a senior member of the team you will be expected to lead the design of significant elements of the Instrument platform architecture.
This is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to develop highly innovative instruments and technologies for life sciences and clinical diagnostics, from concept to production and to contribute to the optimisation of existing products. You will closely work with Software, Optics, Research, Quality, Production and other departments as required to develop and improve processes for existing and new products. You will be hands-on, pragmatic and resolutive, with skills at solving problems, and have a wide range of relevant design experience, competencies, and knowledge.
You've got this covered:
- 10+ years’ experience in developing products or technologies within the life sciences / medical device / scientific instrumentation industry
- Degree class 2:1 or above in Mechanical Engineering / or equivalent relevant qualification
- Demonstrable experience of developing successful products under time constraints
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and RCA techniques
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and interact with customers
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics, materials and manufacturing processes
- Expert use of 3D CAD for technical drawing and modelling (ideally Solid Works)
- Competence, integrity and communication
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work/ Tech schemes
- An inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference