An exciting opportunity exists for a customer focused Service Support Engineer, preferably with experience of providing and coordinating service and support for complex and highly technical scientific equipment, to join a dedicated, friendly and flexible team to provide a comprehensive technical support service.
Customer Service Support Engineer
The successful candidate will use their previous experience to expand Analytik’s service and support functionality, implementing a structured and coordinated approach to customer support. They will liaise closely with our suppliers to proactively promote our service, support plans, training, and spares and consumables business. The role will involve spending significant amounts of time working with clients on customer sites throughout the UK. Industry related work experience is strongly desired but is not essential.
- Gains satisfaction in solving problems and going above and beyond what’s necessary to satisfy customers
- Thrives on getting things done with an excellent work ethic
- Willingness to learn with a natural curiosity
- Personable and able to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals
- Diplomatic with great communication skills
- Positive, forward-looking attitude
- Resourceful and flexible
Reporting to the Service Support Specialist, the job holder will
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of Analytik’s helpdesk, booking in support enquiries.
- Coordinate responses to customer support requests, liaising closely with relevant specialists, suppliers and administration as appropriate.
- Monitor helpdesk usage and ensure issues are closed out in a timely manner with optimal client satisfaction.
- Provide direct support as and when appropriate and with consultation of Service Support Specialist. This may involve site visits.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add value with Support Contracts, Training and Spares sales, or by passing other business opportunities to appropriate Sales Specialists.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers, Analytik staff and relevant supplier staff.
- Provide quotations for services, support plans, spares and consumables and plan appropriate follow up.
Skills & Experiences
- Experience of electro-mechanical, optical, pneumatic equipment and flow systems desirable but not essential
- General IT technical competence
- Basic hand tool competence
- Ability to work with and understand advanced, high value, scientific equipment
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail from practical and administrative perspectives
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with customers and supplier team members, directly and by phone, email and video conferencing.
- Ability to work on own initiative, planning and managing workload, but also be a strong team player
- Commercial awareness
- Familiarity and awareness of industrial H&S issues, PPE etc.
- Experience in maintaining equipment, as well as solving issues and providing fixes also desirable but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team in a dynamic, multi-faceted technical role offering genuine career development. Although the job holder will be required to attend meetings in the office from time to time, the position will require the job holder to be mobile and he/she will be provided with appropriate compensation for travel using their own vehicle, and IT equipment and services enabling remote working as required.