The RSC needs to continuously develop its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to enhancing and optimising our existing portfolio and developing new products and services.
The Commercial Development Executive will contribute to the development and implementation of RSC’s Commercial Strategy and business development for our products and services by supporting the translation of customer insight and needs based segmentation into new opportunities to develop products and services to better serve our customers, increase product value and increase revenues.
- To support the organisation’s revenue diversification priorities through the development of a prioritised business development pipeline to increase the value of existing products and services and identify new product opportunities.
- To assist with capturing, evaluating and prioritising new business development opportunities for more detailed market scoping and validation.
- To contribute to the assessment and development of new initiatives by working collaboratively across the organisation to provide insight on the development of products and services; leading cross-functional teams to identify, test and launch new initiatives and once launched, ensure smooth transfer of the ongoing development to the product/service to the identified business owner.
- To assist in the preparation of business cases and reports / presentations for Leadership Team, the Commercial Strategy Advisory Group and RSC Governance.
- To support longer term horizon scanning and analysis of the external environment, identifying strategic themes, new value sources, challenges and business opportunities to be addressed during the medium to long term.
- To contribute to the product lifecycle management process, providing evidence and making recommendations for new development opportunities that fully optimises the existing RSC product/service portfolio.
- To take a customer-centric and international approach to product/service development requiring travel to relevant conferences and events to engage with the existing and potential customer base and in-market sales team.
- To represent the RSC externally and ensure that the organisation is promoted effectively to customers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to translate top-level strategies into meaningful actions to deliver on longer-term organisational priorities.
- Drive, determination and enthusiasm to deliver on new products, services and opportunities from idea to implementation.
- Commercial acumen and financial numeracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to motivate and gain support from other internal departments and stakeholders as well as with external contacts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A physical sciences degree or similar qualification.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we offer a great, flexible work environment and benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date. If selected for interview, interviews will be arranged remotely via Zoom video-call.
Download the full job description here.