The Company of Biologists are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated Accounts and Subscription Assistant to join our small team.
Accounts, Subscriptions & Marketing Assistant
Full-time – Based Histon, Cambridge
The purpose of this new role is to proactively manage and market several interconnected accounting and sales projects, whilst providing customer service to Read & Publish subscribers and supporting day to day accounting processes.
Ideally applicants will have a proven track record in sales and a sound knowledge of marketing. This role will suit a strong team player with excellent communication skills. Experience within STM publishing would be advantageous for this role.
This is not a “hard sales” environment. We are a specialist publisher and relationships with our subscribers are already well established. The main emphasis of this role is on building on existing relationships and developing new ones.
Key subscription responsibilities include:
- Work with the Commercial Sales Manager on new subscriber Read & Publish proposals and campaigns
- Assist in the licencing process for new and existing Read & Publish agreements
- Manage the renewal process for all Read & Publish agreements
- Be key point of contact for existing Read & Publish subscribers
- Manage administration generated by Read & Publish sales, including maintenance of customer profiles via CRM system
Marketing responsibilities include:
- Creation of Read & Publish marketing collateral
- Execute Read & Publish campaigns to organisations and academics to attract new and to retain existing subscribers
- Write engaging and persuasive marketing copy
- Competitor and industry research
- Maintain twitter account and implement relevant social media campaigns
- Maintain subscription website
Accounting responsibilities include:
- All elements of Read & Publish accounting – invoicing/ credit control/ updating membership system
- Open Access invoicing and maintenance of third party system
- Permissions – payments and management
What we are looking for:
- Previous sales experience is essential; should possess good negotiating skills, able to handle subscriber objections and be self motivated
- Minimum 3 years experience desirable in STM publishing subscription sales and marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of the current marketing landscape, including advertising, direct mail, publicity, promotions and digital marketing
- Some previous knowledge of contracts desirable
- Educated to degree level desirable but not essential
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach and a strong team player
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to understand the audience and write clear and engaging communications
- High attention to detail essential
- Solid administration and IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and some knowledge of WordPress desirable
This is an exciting opportunity within a well-established publishing company. The role is based in our attractive modern offices in Histon on the outskirts of Cambridge, UK.
The Company of Biologists (www.biologists.com) is a not-for-profit organisation and publishes the three internationally renowned, established journals Journal of Cell Science, Development and Journal of Experimental Biology, as well as the two fully Open Access journals Disease Models & Mechanisms (DMM) and Biology Open (BiO). The organisation has an active programme of charitable giving for the further advancement of biological research, including travelling fellowships for junior scientists and contributions to academic societies and conferences.
Applicants should send a CV along with a covering letter that clearly states their current position and salary expectations, relevant experience and why they are enthusiastic about the post.