An exciting new opportunity for the role of Production Controller within a leading Cambridgeshire based Contract Electronics Manufacturer (CEM), with established customer partnerships across a range of industry sectors.
Opportunities for permanent roles in a range of business sectors
- Assist in production activity control in order to meet business and financial objectives.
- Report daily to the Head of Operations on all issues or concerns that may impact on planning, production control, capacity, resources or delayed customer deliveries.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of company objectives and KPI’s, production strategies and support requirements across Conventional, SMT, Stores and Pack-out/Shipping.
- Generate the Long-Term Master Production Planning Schedule based on customer orders and delivery forecasts based on known capacity and resources.
- Maintain communication with all stakeholders (Logistics, Engineering, Production, Sales and Quality, etc) to ensure planning is well aligned to production support, materials availability and resources in order to meet planned build dates and meet ‘on-time-in-full’ delivery to Prism customers.
- Generate work orders and accordingly establish priorities and schedules based on material and resource status.
- Assist Logistics with Material Review Board (MRB) analysis, Stock Adjustments, inventory control with emphasis on monitoring and avoiding shortages and operations related data capture/input.
- Generate weekly shipping plans for Pack-Out and Sales and update as and when changes occur.
- Assist the Quality Department with ISO audits from time to time as well as engage in Production related 5S programmes.
- Play an active part in all NPI activities ensuring NPI’s are effectively planned and resourced while also championing NPI projects from time to time.
- Participate in production related Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and Kaizens whilst identifying changes to working methods and processes to improve quality, efficiency and RRR (reliability, repeatability and reproducibility) with the view to reducing waste and costs.
- Maintain and update related production process documentation in accordance with ISO9001 and Prism’s QMS and documentation standards when required.