An exciting new opportunity for the role of Production Supervisor within a leading Cambridgeshire based Contract Electronics Manufacturer (CEM), with established customer partnerships across a range of industry sectors.
Opportunities for permanent roles in a range of business sectors
- Provide effective supervision and line management of the Production Assembly and Test Departments.
- Maintain communication with all stake-holders (Sales, Quality, Engineering, Logistics, HR etc) with daily direct reporting to the Head of Operations.
- Maintain daily production communications on all topics of relevance to direct production staff ie. General performance, Quality, issues and concerns, employee welfare, 5S, NPI feedback, customer feedback, company notices etc.
- Actively support and engage with team members in all assembly activities (PCB assembly, soldering, SMT AOI, Reflow, Inspection etc) so as to build team trust and respect and participation in achieving common goals.
- Perform company performance appraisals for all direct line reports.
- Short-term production planning and resource allocation across SMT and Conventional assembly ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality product to Prism’s customers.
- Identification of development and training needs within the production department, planning and implementation of staff training as well as performance management and assessments enabling Prism to meet its business objectives.
- Raise requisitions relating to production procurement of tools and equipment and various consumables.
- Ensure regular ESD and 5S audits are conducted and routine preventative maintenance and calibration activities are undertaken, e.g. ESD, test equipment, PAT testing, soldering irons etc.
- Drive production related Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and Kaizens whilst identifying changes to working methods and processes to improve quality, efficiency and RRR (reliability, repeatability and reproducibility) with the view to reducing waste and costs.
- Maintain and update related production process documentation in accordance with ISO9001 and Prism’s QMS and documentation standards.
- Motivate and drive flexibility in terms of skills ensuring that staff are capable of carrying out all key critical assembly tasks and related functions in the business