Team Consulting is offering an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our commercial team as a Contracts Manager.
Team has a large and growing international client base that includes some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and Med-Tech companies. For each client we have to negotiate and comply with bespoke framework agreements for the supply of services.
You will join the Contracts team, reporting to the Head of Contracts. You will work closely with your colleagues from across the business and where required with our external legal counsel.
Role and Responsibilities
In this challenging and stimulating role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading and supporting new contract drafting and negotiations, including but not limited to:
- Master Service Agreements
- Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs/NDAs)
- Supplier Framework Agreements
- Intellectual Property Agreements and
- other types of agreements,
aided by external legal counsel and colleagues and escalating to the Head of Contracts as appropriate.
- Leading the response to the IR35 provisions, and ensuring our agreements and working practices with suppliers remain compliant with legislation
- Reviewing contracts for the supply of services to our clients (known as Task Orders) · Administering and managing the contracts pipeline
- To advise and support colleagues on the contractual and commercial aspects of new projects
- Advising management and colleagues on commercial and legal risk
- Success in the role will require outstanding attention to detail, excellent communication skills and proactive collaboration with colleagues from across the business
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified to a degree level
- Legal qualification
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts in a service organisation
- Sound understanding of contract law
- Awareness and knowledge of IR35 legislation
- Good understanding of GDPR principles
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial risk
- Good organisational skills to manage and maintain documentations; and to co-ordinate efforts both inside and outside of Team
- Previous in-house experience
- Experience of managing contracts in a technology consulting organisation
- Experience of working in a business that develops products
- Experience of the pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Knowledge of employment law
- Good negotiator
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make and influence decisions both with the company and other contracting parties
- Self-sufficient and willing to take responsibility for own tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Shows integrity and honesty at all times
- Respectful of others’ opinions and contributions and is supportive of colleagues
- Aware of own limitations and knows when to ask for help
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.