AIXTRON SE is a leading provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry. The Company's technology solutions are used by a diverse range of customers worldwide to build advanced components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials and more recently carbon nanostructures. Such components are used in display technology, signal and lighting technology, fiber communication networks, wireless and cell telephony applications, optical and electronic data storage, power electronics, computer technology as well as a wide range of other high-tech applications. AIXTRON SE’s securities are listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Founded in 1983, the Company is headquartered in Herzogenrath, Germany.
In this role, you will be resposible for the design and development of software modules for our automated growth equipment. You will be required to provide design documentation, develop code and test modules that have been developed. You will also be involved in the integration of the software and hardware systems in a dynamic R & D environment. Candidates with experience in development of software for liquid control systems, visualisation systems with microscopes or handling/robotics are desirable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary Task List
Module Level Design
- Working with the Software Architect and the product development team to understand specifications, requirements and to produce software design documentation.
Software Design and development
- ASP.NET, MVC, C#
- WPF or WinForms Application development
- SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored procedures, Views & Triggers
- User Interface design
- Understand and use of Software Patterns
- Interfacing to 3rd party hardware
- Software testing and validation
- Use best practices such as source code control, revision/release control, documentation, integration, and testing.
- Understanding of the Full software development life cycle from design, through specification to implementation, testing and Maintenance
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Experience with ASP.NET, C#, WPF, MVC
- Experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored procedures, Trigger
- Experience interfacing with 3rd party equipment (TCP/IP/RS232/RS485 )
- Experience in development of software for liquid control systems, visualisation systems with microscopes or handling/robotics are desirable.
- Desirable – Experience with AWS or Azure service cloud
- Desirable – experience with Android or iOS development
- Desirable - experience with Beckhoff TwinCat 3
Location of the job, working conditions and environment:
- Swavesey, Cambridge
- Normally a day shift role, with flexibility required
- Some travel required as part of the role
Should you be interested in this role, please apply via the link below:
We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies please.
Only apply if you are eligible to work in the UK.