Your role in our team:
To support the execution of our ambitious research programmes for generating human cell type diversity by cellular reprogramming, we are looking for motivated and skilled assistant scientists to join our growing science team as part of our immune cell programme. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research projects, being involved in the execution and reporting of experimental work. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
You will join Bit Bio as a keen team player, driven by a passion for scientific discovery and cell biology, and as a motivated experimentalist with scientific rigour and problem-solving attitude.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively within the immune team under supervision of senior scientists
- Supporting the delivery of research projects by executing experiments, analysing and reporting results
- Providing technical and scientific expertise to the R&D team by contributing to protocol development, SOP writing and diffusion
- Working with the wider team to ensure the effective day-to-day running of laboratories
With essential experience in…
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in biological sciences
- A minimum of 2 years practical laboratory experience in the field of cell biology
- Practical experience of mammalian tissue culture and basic cell phenotyping methods
- Background in immunology, haematology and/or stem cell biology
- Practical knowledge of flow cytometry
- Experience in stem cell differentiation methods
- Experience in assays investigating immune cell functions
- Industry experience
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please apply below with your CV and cover letter.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent / Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w