Your role in our team:
To support the execution of our ambitious research programmes for generating human cell type diversity by cellular reprogramming, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced senior scientist to join our growing science team as part of our immune cell programme. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research programmes, leading projects to execution being involved in experimental work and junior member supervision. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively within the immune team, providing intellectual and practical support to projects, including supervision of research assistant and scientists
- Leading the delivery of research projects by contributing to their strategic planning and experimental execution
- Working closely with the project management team to meet new product launch timelines
- Participating to the strategic development of the immune programme by presenting project outcomes and providing scientific expertise to internal stakeholders, key partners and collaborators
- Disseminating Bit Bio’s vision and research to scientific and lay audiences
- Are driven by scientific curiosity and a keen experimentalist with strong attention to details and organisational skills.
- Enjoy tackling research challenges through critical thinking and inventiveness, demonstrating the highest scientific rigour and work standards.
- Have a strong research experience that will allow you to work independently, creatively and provide leadership on project execution.
- Are a strong team player who will enjoy working collaboratively and supportively.
- Are comfortable and used to working to tight timelines and managing workload and priorities.
With essential experience in…
- A PhD in biological sciences with a minimum of 3-year productive postdoctoral experience in the haematology field (or equivalent experience)
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of stem cell differentiation systems
- Up-to-date techniques for phenotypic and functional characterisation of mammalian cells, including multicolour flow cytometry
- Experience in human pluripotent stem cell culture and biology
- Knowledge of mammalian cell genetic engineering methods (CRISPR, viral vectors)
- Practical experience with immune cell functional assays
- Project and people management experience
- Biotechnology industry experience
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please apply below with your CV and cover letter.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent / Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w