LGC’s Sport and Specialised Analytical Services (SSAS) department; part of the Standards division, provides a range of contract analytical services, primarily involved in the analysis of drugs and substances prohibited in sport.
Programme Coordinator - Programme Management Team (Informed Certification Programmes)
Supported by key stakeholders, LGC established the Informed Certification Programmes (including Informed Sport and Informed Choice). These are a family of globally recognised quality assurance programmes designed to support sports nutrition products, suppliers to the sports nutrition industry and supplement manufacturing facilities. More information is available at Informed-sport.com and Informed-Choice.com.
Are you a recent graduate keen to apply your experience and eye for detail to a dynamic industry role? Or do you have experience in a scientific, business administration or regulated environment? If so we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Programme Coordinator to support the administration of the Informed Certification Programmes from our offices in Fordham – supporting not only nutritional supplement brand owners, but also manufacturing facilities and raw material suppliers.
You will be expected to develop a strong working knowledge of programme requirements and have the confidence to apply them during administration of a diverse customer base spanning across the Informed family of certification schemes.
You will play a vital role in maintaining and strengthening the integrity of the Informed Certification programmes, with Informed Sport and Informed Choice currently being the largest of these programmes.
Excellent candidates will be rewarded with an opportunity to grow within the position, learn new skills, manage a number of key customers and contribute to the development of the programmes.
- Ensure all relevant programme criteria (including documentation and outcomes of sample testing) are met to allow initial and ongoing certification of products, raw materials and supplement manufacturing sites. Assess against programme requirements and report non-compliances.
- Perform relevant administrative functions to support ongoing programme requirements such as product purchasing and routine customer and manufacturer reviews
- Assess Manufacturing Assessment Questionnaires (a paper based audit process) against programme criteria in collaboration with senior team members and manufacturing facilities. Report and manage actions with manufacturers. Support resolution with guidance from senior team members.
- Maintain strong working relationships with customers and manufacturers, ensuring a smooth and efficient certification process and timely resolution to enquiries.
- Work closely with associated business teams such as the analytical, business development and sample management teams to facilitate the certification process.
- Support preparation for on-site reviews of manufacturing sites. Prepare reports and manage corrective actions directly with customers.
- As you progress through the role and gain experience, you will start to establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers and manufacturers, ensuring a smooth and efficient certification process and timely resolution to enquiries and non-compliances. Also, as you progress, there may be the opportunity to perform occasional on-site reviews of manufacturing sites. This aspect of the role would involve occasional travel – both domestic and overseas.
- Ensure full traceability within electronic records, following established guidelines.
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
What is Essential:-
- Articulate, with exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Well organised with acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Broad IT competence (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Potential to make informed administrative decisions
- Excellent time management skills - ability to multitask on numerous projects
What is Desirable:-
- Degree level qualification in technical or business subject
- Experience working within a regulated, scientific, business administration and/or quality control or assurance role.
Essential competencies and behaviours
- Full commitment to and demonstration of upholding LGC values, respect, brilliance, passion, curiosity and integrity
- Demonstrate determination, resilience and reliability
- Highly motivated with a proactive attitude
- High levels of concentration
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Willing / able to learn new tasks and take instructions from senior staff
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of working in a team and work supportively with their colleagues