Team Consulting is an internationally renowned medical device development consultancy based in the UK. We have over 30 years’ experience of working with our global client base on a range of award-winning, innovative products, particularly in drug delivery and medtech sectors. Team is 100% employee owned, as we recognise the importance of employees in our success, now and in the future.
Team Consulting are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join the Mechanical Engineering group. This is a permanent role and is suited to candidates with experience in the medical devices industry. We are specifically looking for candidates with experience of designing devices and test rigs and demonstrate a high degree of competence in mechanical engineering principles.
As an engineer you will work on the design and development of robust, capable and reliable medical devices as part of multi-disciplinary teams. You will participate in all aspects of medical device development from brainstorming and prototyping to design development, risk analysis, testing and client presentations/meetings.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in device development, from concept to manufacture, in medical or other highly regulated product markets (e.g. automotive, aerospace, defence etc.)
- Technical analysis and math modelling
- 3D and 2D CAD (SolidWorks)
- Good degree in an engineering or product design discipline
- Drug delivery device experience
- Experience of working for a technical consultancy
- Risk management techniques
- 3D and 2D CAD (Creo)
- Finite Element Analysis and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Excellent communications skills, including communicating to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Structured and methodical problem solving
- Versatility to work effectively, on varied products across a range of clients, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- Team player who is comfortable working as part of a close-knit project team
- Business development experience
- Professional development track record
- Experience in project planning and cost estimation
- Project management experience
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive activities
- Copes well with unexpected change, is flexible and calm under pressure
- Confident with a positive and engaging communication style
- Respectful of others views, opinions and contributions
- Collaborates effectively and actively shares own knowledge
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and workload
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Eager to continually learn and improve
Team values equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and recruitment. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and an inclusive community, where our talented people respect and value the contributions, skills and abilities of others.
We want our people to succeed on merit; treating individuals equally, including making decisions and providing encouragement and opportunities relating to recruitment, career development and retention in a fair and consistent manner.
Our aim is a workplace free from all forms of bullying, harassment or victimisation, and unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please answer the following questions as part of your application:
- What case study on the Team website did you find most interesting and why? (max 200 words)
- Give an example of experience you have that make you an outstanding candidate for this role and explain why? (max 200 words)
- What do you personally expect to find most challenging as a consultant at Team? (max 200 words)