Your role in our team:
We are looking for an experienced scientific leader with excellent track record to develop our human pluripotent stem cell platform. Reporting directly to our Chief Scientific Officer, the candidate will lead a team of scientists at a focal point between the R&D and Cell Production departments. The main objectives of the team are:
- To provide core scientific and material support to the R&D and Production teams in all activities related to human pluripotent stem cells (sourcing, characterisation, traceability and quality control, inventory management).
- To lead innovation and strategic collaborations for the continuous development of the pluripotent stem cell core platform to accompany the company growth.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading, inspiring and growing a team of dedicated scientists providing a state-of-the-art human pluripotent stem cell facility to support Bit Bio’s R&D and cell production capacity.
- Operationally responsible for the running of the iPSC core facility.
- Contributing to the development of company strategic programmes by driving innovation for human pluripotent stem cell culture.
- Working in close collaboration with other Department Heads (Research, Genetic engineeering, Production and Product Management, Clinical translation) to meet scientific, new product launch and clinical objectives.
- Liaise with external bodies, collaborators and customers on any pluripotent stem cell related matters.
- Engaging with the academic and industry scientific community to promote and diversify the company pluripotent stem cell activities.
- Have a PhD in life sciences with a minimum of 5-years experience as a stem cell/cell line platform leader in a relevant industry or scientific organisation/institution.
- Have demonstrated experience in growing and leading a high-performing team of scientists.
- Are process oriented and experienced in developing, optimising & implementing workflows, protocols, procedures and resources in a quality management environment.
- Are a motivated scientist demonstrating the highest scientific rigour, operational skills and work standards.
- Are a passionate team player with excellent communication skills.
With essential experience in:
- Human pluripotent stem cell biology, characterisation and culture systems.
- Team leadership and project management involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Working within a quality management environment
- Developing operational infrastructure
- Have experience in cell culture automation and cell manufacture
- Have knowledge of cGMP processes and regulations applicable to human iPSCs
- Have worked in large cell bank organisations
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent / Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w