Your role in our team:
To support the execution of our ambitious research programmes for generating human cell type diversity by cellular reprogramming, we are looking for motivated and skilled assistant scientists to join our growing science team as part of our neuroscience programme. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research activities, being involved in the design, execution and reporting of experimental work. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the wider team under supervision of senior scientists
- Design and execution of experiments, analysis and reporting of results.
- Providing technical and scientific expertise to the R&D team by contributing to protocol development and diffusion
- Working with the wider team to create effective organisation of laboratories (equipment, reagents, workflow)
… will join Bit Bio as a keen team player driven by a passion for scientific discovery and cell biology.
… are a motivated experimentalist with scientific rigour and problem-solving attitude.
– A Bachelor or Master’s degree in cell biology, neurobiology, molecular biology or similar, plus at least 1 year of laboratory experience in a R&D team in industry or academic research lab.
– Practical experience of human pluripotent stem cells derived neuron cultures.
And desired experience:
– With cell phenotypic characterisation (RT-qPCR, ICC)
– Genetic modification techniques (transfection, transduction)
– And functional assays of in vitro cultured neurons (e.g. MEA analysis)
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please submit your CV and cover letter.
Location: Babraham Research Campus
Type: Full time, permanent / Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Lab Based Position