The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of PA's employment tax position in our primary country of the UK and also supporting employment tax planning and compliance in our non-UK locations.
Employment Tax Manager - Full or Part time
The candidate will work closely with leaders of our business (our partners leading client work) and our corporate teams: Payroll, wider Finance colleagues, Pension team, HR and legal colleagues.
The role also encompasses providing personalised income and CGT guidance to PA’s employee, many of whom are shareholders in the firm. The role does not involve personal tax preparation. Instead it constitutes an excellent opportunity to be business facing, advising on employment tax issues and also engaging on a personal level with regards to PA’s tax efficient remuneration and our share based equity.
The successful candidate will:
• Keep up-to-date with changing tax legislation, assess and communicate how that might impact PA.
• Interact with HMRC with regards to employment tax matters.
• Lead on share reorganisations with regards to employment tax and impact on employee shareholders globally.
• Attend events held by the business and deliver presentations on PA’s reward.
• Steer PA’s expense checking team on policy and provide global tax approval.
• Manage annual employment tax filings including PSA, P11D, STBV and share plans reporting in the UK and other reporting globally.
• Advise on capital gains tax and taxation of investment income globally.
• Undertake entry and exit meetings for UK international assignees.
• Advise the business on engaging contractors globally and provide tax approval.
• Manage PA’s tax efficient benefit plans in the UK.
• Advise on tax implications of cross-border assignments.
• Manage PA’s Trust tax return preparation.
• Undertake due diligence on potential acquisitions.
• Responsible for Employment Tax SAO sign-off.
• Manage suppliers
The manager will be supported by an administrator who will manage many day to day activities such as data collation for PSA and operating the in-house cycle to work plan
What we're looking for
- Strong tax background ATT or CTA
- Experience of Employment or Expatriate Tax in other geographies.
- Experience of actively engaging & advising stakeholders from junior to senior employees.
- Experience managing others. An Employment Tax Analyst reports to this role.
- Willing to “go beyond the role” by networking effectively and seeking out areas where you can add value.
- Strong MS Excel skills, with the ability to create models and complex formulas.
- Capacity to manage conflicting demands, shifting priorities and demanding time schedules.
- Ability to work independently and manage a challenging workload during busy project periods.
- Determined, proactive and flexible approach.
- Tact and integrity.
• 25 days holiday
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.