Strong embedded C++ developer needed to work across broad range of industry sectors and problem spaces!
Experienced C++ Developer - Software Consultant
Technology consulting is all about taking on the problems our clients don't have the capability or expertise to handle themselves, so you can expect to be working on some of the toughest problems out there.
We are developing the software powering ground breaking new products in areas such as
- Next generation wound care
- Medical diagnostic devices
- 5G and the Internet of Things
- State of the art new manufacturing lines
- Transportation systems
- Network security
Our collaborative cross disciplinary teams of software, electronics, mechanical engineers and scientists are working together to build innovative solutions to some of the most interesting challenges. We use agile tools such as Test Driven Development, continuous integration systems & pair programming to deliver high quality software for our clients and we are constantly homing our software development and consulting people skills.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
What we're looking for
Although we require strong embedded C++ skills currently, we are generally technology agnostic and believe in using the right tool for the task at hand. As such, we welcome people from a broad range of platform/technology background and who welcome the opportunity to expand their repertoire.
Ideally we would expect you will have a combination of:
- Modern c++ and experience with the STL
- CI and automation
- Bare metal and/or linux and real time OS
- Direct working with clients
- Design direction
- Python, c, c#
- Familiarity with object orientation and/or function design patterns
- Familiarity with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation
- Excellent communication skills,
- The versatility and flexibility to apply your skills to new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems
- A desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, through pairing and independently
- Knowledge or experience of a specific area of interest, for example: embedded software, sensors, IoT, cloud, robotics, VR/AR
• Private medical insurance
• Interest free season ticket loan
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.